Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Miss me?!


I'm a busy gal. There's no two ways around that. I was talking with a good friend the other day. I was complaining about feeling old and tired all the time. She said, "Not surprising. You live like a super hero but never wear the cape. That stuff isn't safe!" She's right. To an extent. I'm no super hero. But, I do lack sleep. And fun. Oh how I miss sleep. And fun. But for real...man am I tired. All the time. Like now. Tired. Wait...it's 4:30am...of course I'm tired. I've been up since about 8am yesterday...duh. This may have been a bad idea. Terrible. But, I do what I gotta do to get stuff done. And bloggers...working a double for Wednesday off was something I had to do. Lucky for me I have great coworkers, brownies (brought by an amazing coworker, Gina), and coffee. That's a mighty fine combo for 4:30am sleepiness.

Anyways, I had a point to this when I started...it's long gone now. I guess I will share a few random thoughts...through random pictures, of course.



Random Thought #426:

This is my backpack. You may remember me going on and on about it a few posts back. (We are still very much in love, in case you were wondering) Notice the reading on the scale? 20 pounds, 12.4 ounces. TWENTY POUNDS?! And that's just for one class...ufda. Now maybe you understand my wheelie bag post...




Random Though #942:

So, I've been trying to be better about being active. Not even going to the gym...just getting up and out and doing something...anything. It's hard for me. I'm always so tired. There's never any time. But, when I make time...I feel so much better. I feel energized. I know it's cliche, but I feel alive.

When I go out, this is what I see:

This is a trail I go running on near my house. It's a great trail. How could I not want to get out every day? A beautiful sunset. A quiet path. My iPod. No one to entertain. Just me. Time to reflect on the circus that is my life. Time to think. Not about school or work or relationships, just me. I never realized that sometimes it's okay to make it about me. And if going on a run alone in the sunset is how I get to be with me...then I should do it. Everyday. I will try to be better. I will be better. I will be a better me.







This is something else I saw on my run. An old utility pole. A creeping vine. Out in the middle of nowhere. For some reason it made me stop. Something about the way the one lone vine wrapped its way to the top. The way it left its other vine friends on the ground. To see over the trees. To be above it all. I think it's amazing.









Random Though #295:

I had my first "nursing" test last week. I studied. A lot. I drank coffee and read and highlighted and read some more. I took practice tests and looked up terms. I freaked out a little. I panicked. I thought I wouldn't know my stuff.


This is my study set up
Notice my sweet coffee cup

Note to self: don't doubt yourself. You're awesome. You know your stuff.

I rocked that test. One wrong. One stupid, stupid question. But, I'm over it.

I also had my first nutrition test and my first microbiology test. I've always feared nutrition a little, but I did okay. Satisfactory. Enough to keep an 'A' in the class. I could have done better...but I could have done worse. Now, micro...oh micro. I believe a few posts back I may have mentioned that micro was fun...I take that back times 100! Playing with bacteria and fire may be fun...but micro tests are NOT! Grades aren't in yet on that...but I know it won't be good. It can't be too good if you guessed on over half the test, right? Thank God I don't want to be a microbiologist. I'd be in big, BIG trouble!

Now this week I have an Anatomy & Physiology test on blood and the heart and the respiratory system. I should be studying...but I'm tired. Surprise, surprise.



Congratulations if you're still awake! This post was very long and pointless. For those of you that made it through, thank you for pitying me enough to read about my ever exciting (but quite whinny) life.

I better find myself a cape...today (because it's now 5:00am) is filled with a days worth of class and no time to sleep for this super hero wannabe.



2 comments:

  1. Love your random thoughts. I think you're a super hero too! And I love that pic of the pole with the vine. Love. Now get some sleep! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jackie--on the test! And I love your pics-they're great! : )

    ReplyDelete